It is never too late to get back in shape. And what could be better than starting out with some weight training at home? The most common goals, when it comes to working the core muscles, are to lose a few inches, get rid of the little bulges, and to see our abs appear.
The right abdominal muscle, the one we are going to use, is responsible for flexing the spine and plays a very important role in breathing. It is quite visible to the naked eye and you all know it since its different parts form the famous “chocolate bars” or even the “6-pack” (although we can also see 4, 8, or even 10).
OMGIFacts wants to share with you a series of exercises that will allow you to strengthen your stomach and say goodbye to love handles.
If you want better results, it is very important to train all muscle groups. The simple abs should be supplemented with other exercises.
One of the best exercises for the upper abdominal muscles is the crunch with an elbow and knee lift.
- Lie on your back, arms by your body and legs stretched out on the floor.
- Raise your chest by bringing your right knee toward your chest while lifting your left elbow forward, as if you were running.
- Return to the original position.
- Repeat for the left knee and right elbow.
The scissor exercise is a very good solution for working the lower abs .
- Lie on your back, hands under your buttocks, and lift your head from the ground.
- Raise the left leg as high as possible, keeping the right leg slightly above the ground.
- Lower the left leg and lift the right. And so on, like a pair of scissors.
Reverse crunch is a good exercise to add to your workout.
- Lie on your back, hands under your buttocks.
- Bend the knees and bring them back to the chest, the movement should be slow and controlled.
- Extend the legs again while lowering the feet to the limit of the ground, without putting them down.
- Repeat the movement several times.
The Russian Twist is an effective abdo exercise targeted at obliques.
- Sit on the ground, knees bent; your feet should be slightly above the ground.
- Your back should be tilted 45 °.
- Your arms should be extended forward. A word of advice: take a weight in your hands to make it even more effective.
- Swing your arms from side to side of your legs, as if you were putting something on the ground.
- Repeat the exercise several times.
Sheathing or planking is a complete exercise because it involves different muscle groups.
- Sit facing the ground, with your elbows and feet as supports, your body sheathed.
- Maintain this position as long as possible.
Sliding pike, which consists of a “sliding” coating:
- The starting point is the plank exercise position, but with the arms extended. The floor must be smooth (no carpet or carpet), otherwise, you can use paper plates under your feet for example, or simply buy professional accessories provided for this purpose.
- Slowly lift your glutes and slide your toes towards your hands without bending your knees. The end position should look like an upside-down V.
- Hold this posture for a few seconds and then slowly descend to the initial position.